Sunday, May 22, 2016

Firsts


Life is full of learning experiences, and I'm here to share every single one that I can. This is the first time I have a blog, first time I participate in a MOOC and the first time I'm using eTwinning. Many "firsts" in one week, but last time I recalled "firsts" are normally good, and good is always welcomed.  In this first entry I would like to share a little more about myself and what I am expecting participating in this MOOC. 
I'm a very busy mom and Secondary School English Teacher. I've been working since 2006, giving me a great 10 years of experience; experience in many different schools, teaching students from different cities in Andalusia. As important background information, I have to say that I've lived in the United States for 8 years, coursing there my elementary and high school studies. Thanks to this, I have dedicated my career to teaching English as a foreign language. For this I have to thank my dad, who has always looked for great opportunities to give us all that he can and more.
I found out about this MOOC through an email. This year I have been offered the opportunity to coordinate the English  bilingual project at my high school, and because of this I got forward all types of emails related to english teaching and one of them was about "Open eTwinning". I started investigating what it was because I have never heard of or used this platform. Seeming very interesting, I decided to give it a shot and learn through the experience of others, and share my own. I hope that by the end of this course I have the knowledge and tools to help me with my bilingual school project, project that will be put into practice starting the next school year. 
Great sharing with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment