Friday, June 17, 2016

Task two - Learning and teaching needs

In unit 2 brainstorming was the first step to take to realize what could improve in our teaching process, and how this would help our students in their learning process. Together we shared our thoughts on a PADLET (new tool that I have never used before, clear and attractive to the eye).


The questions we had to answer were: what can I improve? What would I like to try? What am I not happy with? Is there anything which is not working?

This is my contribution to the PADLET:

Communication Strategies, Algeciras (Spain) - Cristina Rodríguez


I think the major problem I find with my students in class is the difficulty on reading comprehension and lack of communicative skills. I teach English as a foreign language, and students are not comfortable with communicating in the language. I think I need to improve and find new strategies to help students in their oral and reading skills.

I would like to try working with others in the process of sharing and communicating, perhaps in a real context students will be motivated to communicate in the second language.

I'm not happy with the lack of resources that my school has. The use of tablets or computers in school would help with the development of a project.  

Reading the rest of the posts on the padlet has made me realize that we all have common goals, and together we can accomplish them. Many of us want to improve our students communication skills, whether if its speaking or with presentations. Also, the use of ICT tools is something that most want to exploit. For this, the list.ly is a great platform where we can find all kind of tools, projects and apps to use when working with our students. In this list I have shared the presentation tool PREZI. 

I would be happy to know your thoughts and contributions to my post. Thank again for reading...


See you on the network

No comments:

Post a Comment